Potential side effects of vitamin injections
At Essential Feeling we pride ourselves on our customer care. Part of this is making you aware of potential side effects of the vitamin injections we provide. So, please read this so that you are coming into your appointment with full understanding of the good and the not so good.
Charlie & Karen
potential side effects
- Upset stomach or diarrhoea may occur if vitamin C is taken in high doses.
- Some individuals may experience allergic reactions, such as rash or itching, after taking vitamin C supplements.
- Long-term high-dose vitamin C intake might increase the risk of kidney stones in susceptible individuals as vitamin C can make your urine more acidic
- If you have a history of kidney problems or certain medical conditions, consult your doctor before taking vitamin C supplements. This includes but is not limited to if you’re taking medications or being treated for cancer.
- Vitamin C, can in some cases, change how your body gets rid of medication. Therefore,it may mean that any medication you are taking could have a reduced effect or you may have increased side effects.
- May not be suitable for pregnant or breast feeding individuals.
- Excessive vitamin D intake can lead to high calcium levels, causing symptoms like nausea, vomiting, and weakness.
- Some people may experience constipation or diarrhoea when taking vitamin D supplements.
- Rarely, high doses of vitamin D can lead to kidney problems or heart rhythm abnormalities.
- Speak to your healthcare provider before taking vitamin D supplements if you have certain medical conditions or take medications that may interact with vitamin D.
- May not be suitable for vegans or breast feeding individuals.
- In general, vitamin B12 is well-tolerated and safe for most people.
- Some individuals may experience mild side effects like nausea, upset stomach, or diarrhoea.
- Rarely, allergic reactions to vitamin B12 injections may occur, leading to symptoms like rash or itching.
- If you have any concerns about vitamin B12 supplementation, consult your healthcare provider.
- May not be suitable for vegans or some breast feeding individuals.
Vitamin B complex
- Side effects of vitamin B complex supplements are generally mild and infrequent.
- Some people may experience digestive issues like nausea, bloating, or diarrhoea.
- In rare cases, allergic reactions to specific B vitamins in the complex may occur.
- If you have any known allergies or medical conditions, talk to your doctor before starting a vitamin B complex supplement.
Want an appointment today?
If you would like to book a last-minute appointment, please text us on 07757 946023 and we’ll try our best to sort something out within 24 hours.
Once you book
We’ll send over everything you need including consultation form and directions.
We have free off street parking directly outside our treatment rooms.
Get IN Touch
Working with Harley Street & Knightsbridge Cosmetic Surgeons
Read about our work