Cosmetic surgery is a major undertaking, and it is important to ensure a smooth recovery. One way to do this is to use red light therapy.
Red light therapy is a non-invasive treatment that uses light to stimulate the body’s natural healing process. Celluma is a FDA-cleared device that uses red and near-infrared light to penetrate the skin and reach the cells. This light energy is thought to work by increasing the production of ATP, which is the body’s main source of energy. ATP is needed for cells to repair and regenerate.
Here are some of the benefits of Celluma red light therapy for wound healing after cosmetic surgery:
- Reduces healing time: Red light therapy can help to reduce the healing time of incisions by up to 40%. This is because red LED light therapy helps to increase the production of collagen and elastin, which are the proteins that make up the skin.
- Improves appearance of scars: Red light can help to improve the appearance of scars by making them softer, flatter, and less noticeable. This is because red light therapy helps to break down the scar tissue and stimulate the growth of new, healthy tissue.
Reduces pain and inflammation: Red light therapy can help to reduce pain and inflammation at the incision site. This is because infrared light therapy helps to reduce the production of inflammatory chemicals.
Improves overall health of the skin: Red light therapy can help to improve the overall health of the skin by increasing collagen production and reducing inflammation. This can lead to a more youthful and radiant complexion.
How red light helps reduce and/or avoid fibrosis
Fibrosis is the formation of excessive scar tissue. It can occur after any type of injury, including cosmetic surgery. Red light therapy can help to reduce and/or avoid fibrosis by helping to break down the scar tissue and stimulate the growth of new, healthy tissue.
How each of the bullet points which are benefits improve a patient’s healing post cosmetic surgery
- Reduces healing time: A shorter healing time means that the patient can get back to their normal activities sooner. This can be especially important for people who have to take time off work or school for their surgery.
- Improves appearance of scars: A scar that is soft, flat, and less noticeable is less likely to be noticeable to others. This can boost the patient’s self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Reduces pain and inflammation: Pain and inflammation can make it difficult for the patient to rest and recover from their surgery. Red light therapy can help to reduce these symptoms and make the recovery process more comfortable.
- Improves overall health of the skin: A healthy, radiant complexion can make the patient look and feel their best. Red light therapy can help to improve the overall health of the skin by increasing collagen production and reducing inflammation.
Red light therapy is a safe and effective way to improve the healing process, in addition to your MLD massage sessions and any vitamin injections you may choose to have. It’s a great way to reduce the risk of complications. We offer Celluma red light therapy in London. To book your appointment, please call us or text us on 07757 946023. We look forward to helping you achieve your skin goals!
For other ways to supplement your MLD therapy, think about vitamin injections too. We offer a discounted price if you have these at the same time as your lymphatic drainage therapy in either London or Romford, Essex.
For some other ideas, you may find this video on YouTube interesting.