Mobile Blood Draw Preparation Tips
Congratulations on booking your mobile blood draw! Here are some tips to help you prepare for a smooth and successful appointment:
1. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Drinking plenty of water the night before and on the day of your blood draw will help to make your veins more visible and easier to access.
2. Dress comfortably. You’ll want to wear loose-fitting clothing that allows easy access to your arms.
3. Talk to your doctor about any medications or supplements you’re taking. Some medications may need to be stopped before your blood draw, so it’s important to check with your doctor first.
4. If you’re fasting for your blood draw, be sure to eat a light snack and drink plenty of water afterwards. Fasting can make you feel lightheaded, so it’s important to eat and drink something after your appointment.
5. If you have needle phobia or have fainted during prior blood draws, let your phlebotomist know. They can take steps to make you feel as comfortable as possible during your appointment.
6. If you have a bleeding disorder or are taking blood-thinning medications, be sure to tell your phlebotomist. This information will help them to take the necessary precautions during your blood draw.
Here are some additional tips for mobile blood draws:
- Schedule your appointment at a time when you’re likely to be comfortable and relaxed. Avoid scheduling your appointment during a busy time of day or when you’re feeling stressed.
- Let your phlebotomist know if you have any special needs or concerns. For example, if you have difficulty walking or standing, they may be able to accommodate you by drawing your blood in a seated position.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Your phlebotomist is there to help you and make sure that your experience is as positive as possible.
By following these tips, you can help to ensure a smooth and successful mobile blood draw. Any questions, please text us on 07757 946023